FINCH HATTONS LUXURY CAMP
TSAVO WEST NATIONAL PARK
In Tsavo West National park Lies this magnificent Luxury Camp with views of Mount Kilimanjaro and Chyulu Hills.
The following packages are for 3 nights / 4 days at the camp
Day 1: 0730hrs Fly from Nairobi to Tsavo West National Park.
Day 2: Full day at the Finch hattons camp with activities
Day 3: Full day at the Finch hattons camp with activities
Day 4: Breakfast and depart to arrive Nairobi at 1455hrs
RATES 2021 -2023 in US Dollars
|Luxury Tented Suite - Sleeps 2||
01 Jan - 14 June
15 Oct - 21 Dec
15 Jun - 14 Oct
22 Dec - 31 Dec
|Per Person Sharing||$2800||$3600|
|SIngle Person occupancy||$3300||$4300|
|Child Rate Sharing (6-11 years)||$1700||$2100|
Return Finch Hattons Airstrip Transfers
Scheduled activities (including game drives, excursion to SHetani Lava flows, Oldonyo Larami volcano hike, yoga, nature walk, bush breakfast and sundowners)
Use of spa (excluding treatments)
Laundry (Excluding dry cleaning)
All Drink (excluding premium wines and spirits)
COmplimentary wireless internet throughout the camp
Return flights from Nairobi
Free return transfers from the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
What is NOT included:
Gratuities, tips and personal expenses
Optional actitivites : Scenic flights
About The Denys Finch Hatton Safari Experience
Of course, there’s always the option to experience the next level of luxury. Our Finch Hattons suite –also known as the presidential suite – offers a glimpse into the kind of luxury safaris our namesake, Denys Finch Hatton, crafted decades ago. Imagine only the most opulent decor, the most decadent cuisine, and the most exclusive service, including a private butler, chef and a bodyguard/nanny room.
About Tsavo West National Park
Land of Lava, Springs, Man-Eaters & Magical Sunsets
From the sight of fifty million gallons of crystal clear water gushing out of from the under parched lava rock that is the Mzima Springs to the Shetani lava flows, Tsavo West is a beautiful, rugged wilderness. The savannah ecosystem comprises of open grasslands, scrublands, and Acacia woodlands, belts of riverine vegetation and rocky ridges including the Poacher's Lookout where visitors can see the teeming herds in the plains below. Tsavo West offers some of the most magnificent game viewing in the world and attractions include elephant, rhino, Hippos, lions, cheetah, leopards, Buffalos, diverse plant and bird species including the threatened corncrake and near threatened Basra Reed Warbler.
ATTRACTIONS IN TSAVO WEST
- The spectacle Mzima Springs is the sight of fifty million gallons of crystal clear water gushing out of from the under parched lava rocks, forming the most welcoming and lovely scene in Africa
- Ancient lands of Lions, in 1898 the Uganda railway construction was abruptly halted by the two of the most voracious and insatiable man-eating lions appeared upon the scene, and for over nine month waged intermittent warfare against the railway and all those connected with it in the vicinity of Tsavo.
- A vibrant volcanic arena; molten lava that form Shetani lava spewed from the earth just about 200 years ago and its fiery fury was thought by locals to be work of the Devil.
- Poacher's Lookout and roaring rocks; the Park abound the panoramic vintage point from which to view the movement of the herds.
- Glorious game drives; Tsavo west offers some of the most magnificent game viewing in the world
- Ngulia Sanctuary; this is where the growing population of highly endangered black rhino are inching from chasm of extinction forced upon them by rampant poaching in the 1960s.
- Lake Jipe, lies astride Kenya and Tanzania boarder and is teeming with aquatic life, Bird watching I also major activity around the lake.
- First World War Site-East African Campaign, Perhaps the most bizarre campaign of the world war was fought in the “Bundu” (Bush) – the barely explored wilderness of thorny scrub and dense forest of Tsavo west. This last ‘gentleman war’ was waged under the code of honor-sometimes; or under guerilla tactics adopted from African tribal fighters. The Guided tours of the Crater, Kichwa Tembo and Mzima fort will enable you trail the real footsteps of the world war veterans.
Finch Hattons is steeped in the history of luxury Kenyan safari camps.
We take our name from Denys Finch Hatton, the English aristocrat who, in the early 20th century, became the pioneer of the most opulent safaris East Africa had ever seen. He was the lover of Danish noblewoman Karen Blixen and features in her memoir, Out of Africa. It was the combination of Denys Finch Hattons’ love for the wilderness and his refined tastes that inspired renowned hotelier Peter Frank and the Gehlot family to establish Finch Hattons Luxury Tented Camp in 1993.